The 2014 TripleMania (TripleMania XXII) was held on August 17 in Arena Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal.
|1||Aerostar, Jennifer Blake, Mascarita Sagrada, Pimpinela Escarlata||Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star, Súper Fly|||
|2||Hijo del Fantasma||Angélico
|AAA World Cruiserweight Championship|||
|3||Taya Valkyrie||Faby Apache ©||AAA Reina de Reinas Championship|||
|4||El Mesías||Blue Demon Jr.
|cage match with hair and mask on the line|||
|5||Psycho Clown||Texano Jr.||mask vs hair|||
|6||el Hijo del Perro Aguayo||Myzteziz
Dr. Wagner Jr.
|Copa TripleMania XXII|||
- Sagrada submitted Abismo in just under 10 minutes. Very good match.
- Daga came in as Cruiserweight champion and Fenix as Fusion champion, but both championships were superseded by a new World Cruiserweight championship. Dragon Gate's Ricochet no-showed, claiming his show on Saturday night went too long and he missed his flight. Drago was added to the match (and seemed to be added prior to Ricochet missing the show.) Elimination rules. Elimination order went Joe Lider (via Bengala), Suicide (Pentagon Jr.), Drago (Jack Evans), Bengala (Fenix), Pentagon Jr. (Fenix), Fenix (submitted by Daga), Daga (beat by Angelico), Angelico (beat by Fantasma with another piledriver variation), leaving Fantasma as the winner. Hijo del Fantasma was presented with a new green belt (with the new AAA logo on it), though he also carried off the old Cruiserweight and the Fusion belts.
- Faby Apache is champion. As always, Hijo del Tirantes was referee for her match and blatantly favorited the rudas. Seconds were Drago and Sexy Star. Taya's nose was broken in the match. After Faby had the match won multiple times, Taya landed the northern lights suplex and bridged into one more to beat her and win the title. Taya is the first foreigner to win this championship. Faby falls on her second defense, 1st televised defense since Faby won the title 17 months ago.
- Jeff Jarrett missed the match due to flight issues. Mesias, back from injury, replaced him. Cage was lowered from the ceiling and attached to the ring (with a platform attached which allowed cameraman to shoot from the top, though it slightly obstructed exits.) Mesias did a top of the cage dive thru Chessman and a table that was never shown. Order of escape was La Parka (in seconds - Chessman went to grab Parka's shoe to stop him, but the shoe just came off and Parka left), Averno, Demon, Chessman, leaving Electroshock and Mesias. The last segment of the match went much longer than the rest of the match combined. Mesias escaped, leaving Electroshock to get his hair cut. Mesias offered a handshake after the match, but Electroshock attacked him.
- Moved to the semimain. Fantasma and Mini Clown were the seconds, and Rafael el Maya was inexplicably back as the referee. First half of the match played out exactly as the previous ones, with the referee favoring Texano and Fantasma interfering freely. Eventually, the commission kicked out Fantasma and replaced Maya with Piero. Psycho won a long match by giving Texano a middle rope Destroyer onto a table. Texano lost his hair, Psycho kept his mask. Texano shook Psycho's hand after the match.
- Show had begun with Alberto Del Rio (as listed on the chyron) coming to the ring with his father, talking about the monster he had faced in WWE - racism. Perro, with Fantasma, Konnan and Daga, interrupted Alberto, mocking John Cena and Daniel Bryan's catchphrases, saying things were going to be much tougher in AAA, and then attacking Dos Caras. Alberto fought off the rudos and promised he'd have a surprise later. Moved to the main event. Dr. Wagner Jr. was the mystery wrestler, as set up at the press conference (and not intended to be a surprise here.) Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. accompanied him. Wagner was hurting from the shoulder cut suffered in Monterrey (and reopened here.) Wagner was first eliminated, after a Cibernetico chokeslam. Myzteziz submitted Cibernetico after Cibernetico got greedy and went for an extra chokeslam. Perro fouled Myzteziz to win the match. Alberto (w/Dos Caras, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Blue Demon and Joaquin Roldan) came to the ring to confront Perro at the end of the show. They went back and forth talking, and Patron undressed to fight. Perro jumped him before Alberto could get his shirt off, but Alberto turned it around and put Perro in the armbar. The Perros ran out to save their leader and Alberto stood tall at the end of the show. After the in-ring action ended, Rey Misterio Jr. appeared in a promo (from his home?), saying he'd be back in AAA soon.
El Brazo and Rayo de Jalisco Sr. were added to the AAA Hall of Fame. Rayo de Jalisco Jr. appeared for the latter, and slapped Perro after he broke up the ceremony. Another brawl broke out, with Blue Demon helping out Rayo.
|Rey de Reyes||1997||1998||1999||2000||2001||2002||2003|
|Verano de Escandalo||1994||1998||1999||2000||2001||2002||2003|
|Guerra de Titanes||1997||1998||1999||2000||2001||2002||2003|
|Others: AAA Debut Show, When Worlds Collide, Noche de los Campeones, Lucha World Cup|